The SportCares Bursary aims to increase opportunities for children and youth from low-income families to participate in various programmes offered by ActiveSG Academies and Clubs (A&Cs).
Our aspiration through this initiative is to see SportCares Bursary recipients engage in a healthy lifestyle, learn a new sport, and build a sense of belonging in the community they live in.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are welcome to apply.
- Children and youth aged 3 – 16 years old.
- The Bursary recipient and/or applicant must be currently receiving financial assistance from a government or non-profit organisation. Please refer to the table below for examples of eligible financial assistance schemes.
The bursary will cover seasonal participation fees for eight ActiveSG Academies & Clubs (A&C): Athletics, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Volleyball, Water Polo, and Canoeing.
Expectations of Bursary Recipients
All SportCares Bursary Recipients are expected to attend at least 70% of the training sessions per season and display sportsmanship conduct during all A&C related sessions. Failure to meet the attendance requirement of 70% per season may result in the suspension of the Bursary.
- To start your application process, click here.
Please note the following before filling up the application form:
- Head over to the ActiveSG website to find out about the venues, session details (dates and timing) for the various A&Cs before applying. You will be asked to indicate your preferred venue, session day and time on the application form.
- Applicants must be current recipients of a financial assistance scheme. For verification, you will be asked to submit proof of the financial assistance scheme. This submission can be in the form of a confirmation letter or email from the relevant agency and you are required to upload it in PDF or JPEG format.
- If your application is successful, you will be contacted by the respective A&C with the administrative details at least two weeks before the start of the A&C season.