SportCares Picnic at the Istana
Last Updated: 19 JAN 2019 01:19AM
EVENT STATUS: Event is proceeding as planned
WEATHER UPDATE: FAIR
Dear SportCares Constituent,
Thank you for RSVPing for the SportCares Picnic at the Istana. We’re now less than a week away from the event. You must be wondering what to expect! Here are some things to take note of:
Event Time: 3-6PM
Registration Time: 2PM onwards. Registration closes at 3.30PM
Please Prepare: Photo ID (NRIC/Driving Licence/Student Pass/Work Pass/Passport – Photo ID must reflect the ID number in the SMS confirmation), SMS Confirmation (shown on phone) OR Group Confirmation Slip (hardcopy, for selected groups only)
If you did not receive your SMS Confirmation, please proceed to the Registration Desk to verify your ID BEFORE you join the queue.
GENERAL EVENT HOTLINE: 96556597 – For reporting of lost items, emergencies, etc.
GENERAL EVENT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests, VIPs and Award Nominees have been sent a seperate set of instructions
Registration is at the Istana Main Gate (in between Plaza Singapura and Concorde Hotel).
All guests are required to go through security and bag checks. Please ensure you have your confirmation SMS and photo ID ready for verification. After completing registration and security checks, you may board the Shuttle Bus which will transport you from the Main Entrance to the Meadows (event site).
NOTE: Accompanying guests who are not on the pre-event RSVP list, and guests who are in inappropriate attire will be turned away.
What to Bring
What to Bring
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- Picnic mat
- As the event site is big, SportCares will be providing NAME TAG STICKERS for children and guests with special needs at Registration. Parents and caregivers may write their contact numbers on these name tags
- Dry foods – finger foods, biscuits, sandwiches
- Please do not pack sweet drinks and liquid foods, e.g. yogurt, bubble tea. No canned drinks and canned food allowed
- Bottled water and light finger food will be provided
- Reusable cutlery sets will be provided
- Covered shoes. No slippers/strappy sandals
- No revealing tops (spaghetti straps, bare back, tube top, etc.)
- No miniskirts and mini shorts, no torn jeans
- No clothing with offensive slogans or text
Prohibited Items – Please refer to the attached items below. In addition, please do not bring any other sharp equipment (e.g. scissors, metal knives), sports equipment or mobile travelling devices such as kick-scooters
There will be 3 shuttle buses and 1 wheelchair accessible vehicle availabe to ferry guests to and from the Main Gate to the Meadows.
From Main Gate to Meadows 2PM - 4PM
From Meadows to Main Gate 4.30PM - 6PM
If you require the use of the shuttle bus before 4.30PM, please proceed to the Information Counter (near Goodie Bag Redemption) for assistance.
WET WEATHER PLAN AND CANCELLATION
RAINING BEFORE EVENT
Should there be heavy rain prior to the event making the grounds unconducive for a picnic, guests will be notified via SMS by 12PM. Alternatively, you may refresh this page for the latest updates on the day of the event.
RAINING DURING EVENT
In the event of light drizzle, guests may use the ponchos provided in their goodie bags, and seek shelter in the main tentage or gazebos.
In the event of lightning warning and heavy rain, guests will be ushered to the main tentage for shelter immediately. Please follow the guidance of staff and volunteers, and pay attention to the emcee’s announcements.
EVENT ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMME
Guests are free to enjoy the Istana Meadows and have a free and easy picnic with family and friends, and there will also be the following activities:
- Giant lawn games – Play upsized versions of games (tic tac to, carom, snakes and ladders, and more!). Collect tokens which you can use to exchange for a mini terrarium
- Postcard colouring – Customise your postcard, write a note to yourself, and we’ll mail it back to you in the second half of the year as a surprise
- Face painting and balloon sculpting
- Dance fitness workout at 5PM
There will also be an Awards Ceremony presented by the Guest of Honour from 3.30-4PM at the Main Tentage to celebrate the achievements of some of our inspiring coaches and volunteers.